Landscape Architecture Schools: The Top 15
DesignIntelligence’s seventh annual survey, America’s Best Architecture and Design Schools, includes rankings of landscape architecture graduate, undergraduate programs and regional rankings. The study ranks programs based on the participation of top landscape architecture firms and public practitioners. Those surveyed have direct experience hiring and evaluating the performance of graduates.
Whatever value is ascribed to the survey, DesignIntelligence concedes such factors as the job placement record of a program, the focus of study, faculty areas of specialization and the availability and caliber of internships should also be weighed. The survey authors recommend students visit schools they are considering and speak with their graduates about the working experience.
America’s Best Architecture and Design Schools 2006 is available for $39.95 in printed form, and $24.95 as a PDF download from DesignIntelligence (www.di.net/archschools/schools.html).
Top 15 Landscape Architecture Schools 2006*
1. University of Georgia
2. Purdue University
3. Louisiana State University
4. Pennsylvania State University
5. Kansas State University
6. California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
7. Ohio State University
8. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
9. College of Environmental Science and Forestry, SUNY; Cornell University
11. Ball State University; Texas A&M University
13. California State Polytechnic University, Pomona; University of Florida; West Virginia University
1. Harvard University
2. University of Pennsylvania
3. University of Georgia
4. Louisiana State University
5. University of Virginia
6. Kansas State University
7. Cornell University; University of California, Berkeley
9. California Polytechnic University, Pomona; Ohio State University
11. University of Michigan
12. North Carolina State University; Texas A&M University
14. College of Environmental Science and Forestry, SUNY; University of Florida; Utah State University; Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
*Where numbers are omitted a tie is indicated.