CELA Offering Lifetime Achievement Award
Nominations Due November 19
CELA, the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture, has announced a new Lifetime Achievement Award to recognize an individual's impacts on the field. Nominations are due November 19.
The CELA Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest level of recognition made to an individual by the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture. This award honors an individual's lifetime achievements and dedication to the discipline of landscape architecture. The award recognizes the individual's profound and long-lasting impacts on the field through his or her extraordinary works in research, instruction, practice, leadership, service or advocacy for landscape architecture.
A maximum of one award is to be bestowed annually. An individual may only receive the award once.
Nominees must have:
- Twenty-five or more years of distinguished contribution to landscape architecture;
- Enduring impact through research, teaching, public practice, private practice, leadership, service and/or advocacy for landscape architecture;
- Inspired multiple generations in the field of landscape architecture;
- Earned national or international recognition for their careers; and
- Garnered respect from professional peers.
All materials are to be packaged as one PDF document and submitted through email by the nominator or nominee. Once the nomination package is received by the chair of the CELA Standing Committee on Awards and Recognition, the nominator will receive a confirmation email. The package must not exceed 10 MB to ensure successful submission via email.
Each package shall contain the following information:
- Nomination form
- Table of contents
- Nomination letter (must not exceed two 8.5"x11" pages) containing the rationale for the nomination, from a person associated with a CELA member school in good standing
- Nominee's curriculum vitae or professional resume (must not exceed five 8.5"x11" pages)
- Five letters of support from faculty members, professionals, administrators, officials and/or others.
- Supporting materials (must not exceed 20, 8.5"x11" pages), including:
1. Autobiographical sketch that summarizes the nominee's lifetime achievements in research, instruction, practice, leadership, service or advocacy for landscape architecture. This section should also include a narrative describing the nominee's dedication to and impact upon the landscape architecture field.
2. Examples of significant lifetime achievements and contributions to the landscape architecture field.
The deadline for submissions is Thursday, November 19. A list of all awards and nomination guidelines is available at www.thecela.org under Awards.
Send nomination packages and any questions to Hala Nassar, 2016 CELA Awards Chair: email@example.com, or 864-656-2499.
Association news and events are listed at LandscapeOnline.com. To view the calendar of upcoming events, visit www.LandscapeOnline.com, go to the "Associations/Events" tab and click on "Search for Events."
If your association has news and/or events that you would like featured on LandscapeOnline.com, please send your information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.