CTASLA Announces Winners of the 2015 Professional Awards
CTASLA, one of 49 chapters within the U.S., has announced the winners of the 2015 Professional Awards. Photo: Connecticut Chapter ASLA
The Connecticut Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects has announced the winners of its annual Connecticut Professional Awards competition.
CTASLA conducts the awards competition each year to recognize excellence in landscape architectural design, planning and analysis, communication, and research. To be eligible, an applicant must be a landscape architect or designer in the state of Connecticut, and the entrant or project location must be based in Connecticut.
"These award-winning projects exemplify Connecticut landscape architects' skills in designing beautiful spaces that add value to the land, encouraging people to get outside and explore their surroundings while protecting habitat and natural resources," said Barbara Yaeger, president of CTASLA and principal of B.Yaeger, LLC, of Madison, Conn.
Winners of the 2015 Connecticut ASLA Professional Awards competition include:
Landscape Architectural Design - Municipal/Public Spaces
• Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. (Hamden), Award of Excellence for Open Hearth Park (Sydney Tar Ponds Post Remediation Site Redevelopment) (client: Sydney Tar Ponds Agency - Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada)
• Eric Rains Landscape Architecture (South Norwalk), Merit Award for IRONWORKS (client: Spinnaker Real Estate Partners - South Norwalk)
Landscape Architectural Design - Corporate Institutional
• Towers|Golde, LLC (New Haven), Honor Award UMass-Amherst: Life Science Laboratories (client: Commonwealth of Massachusetts - Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance)
• Wesley Stout Associates, LLC (New Canaan), Merit Award for Global Leadership Campus (client: GE -
Landscape Architectural Design - Residential
• Artemis Landscape Architects, Inc. (Bridgeport), Honor Award for Natural Swimming Pool (Private Residence, Newtown)
• Anne Penniman Associates, LLC (Essex), Honor Award for Blast Site Restoration (Private Residence, Essex)
• Janice Parker Landscape Architects (Greenwich), Merit Award for Sculpture in the Landscape (Private Residence, Greenwich)
• Eckerson Design Associates (Fairfield), Merit Award for Beech Haven (Private Residence)
Landscape Architectural Communications
• Milone & MacBroom, Inc. (Cheshire), Honor Award for Shoreline Management Manual (client: First Light Hydro Generating Company)
• Artemis Landscape Architects, Inc. (Bridgeport), Merit Award for Bridgeport DSSD Streetscape and Planting Guidelines (client: Bridgeport Downtown Special Services District - Bridgeport)
Landscape Planning & Analysis
• Anne Penniman Associates, LLC (Essex), Merit Award for Vegetation/Habitat Mapping and Management Plan for Haversham Property (Private Residence, Westerly, R.I.)
Landmark Legacy Award
• Towers|Golde, LLC (New Haven), Landmark Legacy Award for Sunken Garden at Hill-Stead, Farmington (client: CT Valley Garden Club/Garden Club of Hartford)
The jury for this year's competition was comprised of members of the Kentucky Chapter of ASLA. For more information on activities of the Connecticut Chapter ASLA or to view the winning projects, please visit ctasla.org.
Association news and events are listed at LandscapeOnline.com. To view the calendar of upcoming events, visit www.LandscapeOnline.com, go to the Associations/Events" tab and click on "Search for Events."
If your association has news and/or events that you would like featured on LandscapeOnline.com, please send your information via email to email@example.com.