The CLCA, a non-profit trade organization of licensed landscape and landscape-related contractors, has announced the winners of the annual Trophy Awards. The "Best of Show" award (pictured here) went to Jensen Landscape of San Jose, for a residence in Hillsborough, Calif.
The California Landscape Contractors Association recently announced the winners of their annual Trophy Awards, which were established to encourage interest in landscaping, recognize crafts people who produce outstanding landscapes, create pride in superior workmanship and bestow public recognition on companies, institutions, municipalities and residents for their interest in a beautiful California.
A total of 55 awards were given and were selected from more than 121 entries. Two highly regarded landscape contractors traveled statewide to personally inspect each of the Trophy Award entrants and rated projects on artistic and technical merits.
"The CLCA is thrilled to recognize outstanding California landscapers and their projects. Our association's core goal is to support our members as they create beautiful, enduring landscapes that improve the quality of life," said Sandra Giarde, CLCA executive director. "Winning a Trophy Award not only supports our members, but instills pride in our community and recognizes quality workmanship that only a licensed contractor can offer."
The 2014 Special Award winners are:
• Stuart J. Sperber Memorial Sweepstakes Trophy (Best of Show): Jensen Landscape of San Jose for the Hillsborough residence
• Jon R. Alsdorf Memorial Award (the best entry from all residential categories): Visionscape Inc. of Laguna Beach for the Johnson residence of Laguna Beach
• John Redmond Memorial Award (the best entry from all maintenance categories): Modern Landscaping Inc. of Campbell for the Selby Estate in Atherton
• Gary Vallen Memorial Award (the best residential landscaping under $150,000): Past the Gate of Martinez for the Collison residence in Fremont
• Herb Frank Memorial Award (the best entry from all commercial installation categories): Gothic Landscaping of Valencia for the Villa Metro-Cielo Townhomes in Santa Clarita
• Bob Baier Memorial Award (the best entry containing sustainable installation elements): Envision Landscape Studio of San Diego for the Modern Urban Farmstead in San Diego
• Special Effects Award (the best use of unique methods or materials and/ or special artistic effects): Falling Waters Landscape Inc. of Carlsbad for the Duke residence in Encinitas
• Excelsior Award (awarded to a company who has been a CLCA member for less than a year for their outstanding project): Envision Landscape Studio of San Diego for the Modern Urban Farmstead in San Diego and Cadre Landscape of Los Angeles for Wateridge project in Los Angeles
The 2014 Installation Award winners are:
Johnny Appleseed Landscaping Inc. of Beverly Hills; Lazar Landscape Design & Construction Inc. of Oakland; Modern Landscaping Inc. of Campbell; Steve Hanson Landscaping Inc. of Santa Barbara; Frank & Grossman Landscape Contractors Inc. of San Francisco; Cadre Landscape of Los Angeles; Falling Waters Landscape Inc. of Carlsbad; Gothic Landscaping, Inc. of Valencia; Conserve Landcare, Inc. of Thousand Palms; The Celtis Group of San Jose; Visionscape Inc. of Laguna Beach; Wilson Environmental Contracting of Santa Barbara and Land Mechanics Inc. of Orange.
The 2014 Maintenance Award winners are:
Visionscape Inc. of Laguna Beach; Johnny Appleseed Landscaping Inc. of Beverly Hills; Frank & Grossman Landscape Contractors Inc. of San Francisco; Gachina Landscape Management of Menlo Park; New Way Landscape & Tree Service of San Diego; Marina Landscape Inc. of Anaheim; Stay Green Inc. of Santa Clarita; Cadre Landscape of Los Angeles; Conserve Landcare Inc. of Thousand Palms; Past the Gate of Martinez; Falling Waters Landscape Inc. of Carlsbad; Envision Landscape Studio of San Diego; Modern Landscaping Inc. of Campbell; Gothic Landscaping Inc. of Valencia and Jensen Landscape of San Jose.
This year's judges were Bob Kirtley of CLCA's San Francisco Bay Area Chapter and Larry Cleveland of the San Fernando Valley Chapter. They spent eight days, covering more than 700 hundred miles, to inspect every entry. Both men have nearly 40 years of landscape experience, have been presidents for their local CLCA chapters and have won numerous landscape installation and maintenance awards on the local and state level.
For more information about the CLCA, please visit clca.org.
Association news and events are listed at LandscapeOnline.com. To view the calendar of upcoming events, visit www.LandscapeOnline.com, go to the Associations/Events" tab and click on "Search for Events."
If your association has news and/or events that you would like featured on LandscapeOnline.com, please send your information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.